Back to MainHomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroupsCalendar

Share | 

Some of your favorite gaming girls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 am

Surely everyone has their favs when it comes to strong female roles in video games. We want to hear your opinion on what characters you feel are the best and why.

Here's my top 5 in no real order:

Name: Alyx Vance
Game(s): Half-life 2
Notes: Alyx is a different character, a very real one at that. She's not your typical "Save the world with godly powers" kinda girl, she's simply a girl who was born into a shitty world of combine suppression and takes pistol in hand to help in the resistance to bring them down. Alyx's real world personality and charm just suck you in.

Name: Jade
Game(s): Beyond Good & Evil
Notes: Jade in another unique character, much like Alyx Vance who is more of a real world woman who is merely fighting for her family/friends/worlds safety and does it with her normal skill set - not that of a godly power. I think much like Vance, that real world personality and charm is what attracted me to liking the character so much. *Also, her best friend is a talking Pig Smile

Name: Kairi
Game(s): Kingdom Hearts (series)
Notes: Kairi is a character whom I thought was kind of underdeveloped in the first game. She simply offered a friendship to Sora/Riku and never really got fleshed out as her own being. That changed in KH2 tho, as Kairi got a larger role which lead to a deeper insight to her character. Would love to see that continue and perhaps even see her star in one of the games.

Name: Sakura Kasugano
Game(s): Street Fighter Alpha (series)
Notes: Sakura has got one of the highest positions in my favorite characters list, male or female. Sakura has a crazy awesome, optimistic personality and non stop enthusiasm for fighting, life and over all everything. She can take on even the likes of M.Bison and whoop his ass (IMO) and is always my choice of character in any game she's in.

Name: Tifa Lockheart
Game(s): Final Fantasy VII
Notes: Tifa is the embodiment of what I respect in a character, in this case a female character. A never quit attitude, an insane love for her friends and family, the ability to whoop some serious ass, a personality that makes you just smile when you see her and a pretty face to boot. When playing FFVII for the first time I was always rooting and interested in Tifa, the hell with that Aeris bitch Razz I really enjoyed how they fleshed her out more in Advent Children as a great person and her new attire couldn't fit her better. It shows you more of the caring Tifa who can kick your ass if she needs to - unlike some of the CG images of the original game that seemed to focus more on her... assets than anything.

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:34 am

Elena Fisher - i really liked her out of uncharted 2

Rinoa - from Final Fantasy 8 i really liked her

i really need to look more up but there are 2 of the top of my head.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Elena Fisher - i really liked her out of uncharted 2

Rinoa - from Final Fantasy 8 i really liked her

i really need to look more up but there are 2 of the top of my head.

Dude, I totally forgot Elena Smile She was superb in Uncharted 2 for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 am

Yuna from Final Fantasy X and X-2 has always been a personal favorite of mine, and maybe just because the graphical leap from IX to X was so big, but she really shows a lot of character. She is in my opinion the most charming and heartfelt female from any FF game to date. It could be the story she was thrown into, or the fact that half of her supporting cast either wouldn't talk, or shouldn't have, or that she could actually show emotion on her face, but she really moved me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
Yuna from Final Fantasy X and X-2 has always been a personal favorite of mine, and maybe just because the graphical leap from IX to X was so big, but she really shows a lot of character. She is in my opinion the most charming and heartfelt female from any FF game to date. It could be the story she was thrown into, or the fact that half of her supporting cast either wouldn't talk, or shouldn't have, or that she could actually show emotion on her face, but she really moved me.

Thinking about it, Yuna probably was one of the stronger ones in FFX. Rikku was a bit light-headed and Lulu was troubled, it seemed, but lacked that personality that Yuna seemed to have. That said, I though Yuna was really rather quiet a lot of the time.

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 am

SPOILERS FOR FFX INSIDE THIS POST.

Spoiler:

Last edited by seankulbeth on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 am

Wink threw it into a spoiler tag for ya.

I agree that it was prob the best way they could of introduced her character... but maybe I'm just one for first impressions? I remember playing and going "Oh, come on!" Razz

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks, the tags a lot better than my makeshift one.

And that explains why you like Tifa, her and Yuna are exact opposites in terms of personality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:17 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
Thanks, the tags a lot better than my makeshift one.

And that explains why you like Tifa, her and Yuna are exact opposites in terms of personality.

Yeah I suppose so. I rather like the Tifa they painted with the advent children movie, she's matured it seems.

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:36 am

I think that the Advent Children movie is the best animated show I've seen, and I don't even like Final Fantasy VII that much. But your right, Tifa's probably the best character in the movie (might be because she got more screen time than most).

Also, a little bit of a weird pick, but I was just looking through my back-catalog of beaten video games, and I ran upon one of my favorite series, because of the characters in it. Mia and Maya Fey from Ace Attorney have a really strong personality. Which is probably do to the fact that it's not really a game, but the story is amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 am

seankulbeth wrote:
I think that the Advent Children movie is the best animated show I've seen, and I don't even like Final Fantasy VII that much. But your right, Tifa's probably the best character in the movie (might be because she got more screen time than most).

Also, a little bit of a weird pick, but I was just looking through my back-catalog of beaten video games, and I ran upon one of my favorite series, because of the characters in it. Mia and Maya Fey from Ace Attorney have a really strong personality. Which is probably do to the fact that it's not really a game, but the story is amazing.

lol, not really a game Razz I guess they need to rely on the characters and story then eh? I've actually never played the AA games at all.

PostSubject: Re: Some of your favorite gaming girls   

Back to top Go down

Some of your favorite gaming girls
Page 1 of 1