Share | 

Latest Pickups

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Latest Pickups   Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:59 pm

I like these threads Smile Just list some stuff you bought recently. It can be as simple as a candy bar or as crazy as a house! Smile

I finally got around to deciding on an audio system for my game/blu-ray needs, here's what I ordered:

A Pioneer 7.1 surround A/V receiver

Which is something I've been looking to get for a long time now. Kewl thing is it's hdmi1.4 and 3D compatible. If I ever decide to get a 3D TV one day I won't need to upgrade my receiver.

I also got a cheaper set of surround sound speakers (some speakers are thousands of dollars!!) in a 5.1 configuration (which I thought best for my current space limitations).

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 am

Not Much Buying besides Lunch KFC, Also Payed my money off my mafia 2 preorder. also got in the mail 2 trades of the walking dead volume 9 and 10. Also payed for some dvds i bought off ebay but i will show them off when i get them.

I love these threads.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Not Much Buying besides Lunch KFC, Also Payed my money off my mafia 2 preorder. also got in the mail 2 trades of the walking dead volume 9 and 10. Also payed for some dvds i bought off ebay but i will show them off when i get them.

I love these threads.

Yeah I like these threads too Smile Mmm, I havn't had KFC in a long time. Mafia 2 will be tight as hell Smile

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am

bought scott pilgrim vs. the world on the psn and bought a ticked to the movie.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:52 am

InsaneGamer wrote:

Hows the game?

I got a new hdmi cable today as I got confirmation my receiver and speakers were on their way... and I knew I needed a new hdmi cable to hook it up Razz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 am

Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

Hows the game?

I got a new hdmi cable today as I got confirmation my receiver and speakers were on their way... and I knew I needed a new hdmi cable to hook it up Razz

its a fun game. it reminds me of double dragon. i loved the art and the music is really good.

some things i bought this week besides the movie tickets.

- South Park Season 9
-Wolverine and the x-men
- Spider-man the new animated series
- Batman The Animated Series Volume 1
- Observe and Report
- Public Enemies
- The Baader Meinhof Complex

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 am

InsaneGamer wrote:

Nice haul dude Smile

I would love to get my hands on the complete series of the Batman Animated series... but it's mega pricey here Sad I kick myself all the time knowing I had a chance to pick up a special edition for $99 at one point. After they sold out the price jacked up to $300 and doesn't ever seem to want to come down.

**EDIT

Ok, scrap that. After replying to this I went and looked on amazon and saw sellers had the pack priced at $170... still too much IMO, but then I hit up ebay and got me a set for $80 Smile All 4 seasons and a bonus disc along with an art book Smile

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:17 am

Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

Nice haul dude Smile

I would love to get my hands on the complete series of the Batman Animated series... but it's mega pricey here Sad I kick myself all the time knowing I had a chance to pick up a special edition for $99 at one point. After they sold out the price jacked up to $300 and doesn't ever seem to want to come down.

**EDIT

Ok, scrap that. After replying to this I went and looked on amazon and saw sellers had the pack priced at $170... still too much IMO, but then I hit up ebay and got me a set for $80 Smile All 4 seasons and a bonus disc along with an art book Smile

i would love to get that but its pricey and if i want any more batman volumes i have ti import them becuase they never relased any more over here how stupid is that, they released only one volume.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 am

InsaneGamer wrote:

i would love to get that but its pricey and if i want any more batman volumes i have ti import them becuase they never relased any more over here how stupid is that, they released only one volume.

Ahh, dude, really? That's harsh, what a f'n tease! Do you have a machine that'll play R1 DVDs? If so I guess importing would be the best option. Honestly $80 seems like a nice chunk of change for but 4 seasons that's just $20 per season, which is a spot on price for a tv show.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:34 am

i have Multi Region dvd player so im good with playing R1 dvd's so if i see boxset for cheap to import i will pick it up other wise ill just import each dvd.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 am

52" LED TV, and a nice glass entertainment stand for it to sit on. I might get around to posting pictures when I can pull myself away from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:11 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
52" LED TV, and a nice glass entertainment stand for it to sit on. I might get around to posting pictures when I can pull myself away from it.

Oooh, fancy. Would love to see a pic Smile What company did you go with?

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 am

Aqous from Sharp is the company. I would've went with the Sony but it added about 800 dollars and a small upgrade in quality. This one is good enough for me, the specs are all good, the only problem I have with it is it isn't bright enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

seankulbeth wrote:

Aqous from Sharp is the company. I would've went with the Sony but it added about 800 dollars and a small upgrade in quality. This one is good enough for me, the specs are all good, the only problem I have with it is it isn't bright enough.

Very nice Smile Yeah, Sony like to charge for their goods... tho most of the time it's worth it Razz I myself went with Samsung and can't say a bad thing about it. That said, I would love an upgrade as mine is a number of years old now.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks, I'm happy with mine too, I probably won't upgrade again till the start making GOOD 3D TVs, and even then, I'm not sure if I'll ever pick one up. I would definitely suggest an upgrade for you, my old TV is only two years old, and I can already tell a difference in picture quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:04 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
Thanks, I'm happy with mine too, I probably won't upgrade again till the start making GOOD 3D TVs, and even then, I'm not sure if I'll ever pick one up. I would definitely suggest an upgrade for you, my old TV is only two years old, and I can already tell a difference in picture quality.

Not concerned with quality, that's fine. It's just that at 32" it's not cutting it Razz Also, 1080i max is a pain when I could be viewing 1080p lol. I've got a good deal lined up too. My sis offered me $400 for my current TV which would cut down the price of the new one I want Razz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

You better jump on that, a 52" LED for 12 to 14 hundred is a really nice price if you plan on going for that instead of LCD. Is the jump from i to p very noticeable? I only ask because I've never really seen anything other than what I've owned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 am

seankulbeth wrote:
You better jump on that, a 52" LED for 12 to 14 hundred is a really nice price if you plan on going for that instead of LCD. Is the jump from i to p very noticeable? I only ask because I've never really seen anything other than what I've owned.

I honestly think 52" might be too big for my space :S

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Got my cousin a 1400 MSP card for XBL as part of a b-day gift and also got myself a card for 3months of xbl /w 1400 points on the same card Smile

I recently removed my credit card and let my gold XBL run out... but I was thinking of giving gears2 online a shot this labour day weekend with the 23x + multiplyer Razz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 am

bought my father dexter season 1 and the wire season 1 for fathersday.

traded some games because eb games was giving 50% more to trade ins to preorders which is awesome so i paid of mafia 2 and my other preorder rugby league live.

Also ordered some dvds and some books. started getting into some batman graphic novels. ill show all the stuff once i get it.

oh got a PSN card and bought final fantasy 9 and keeping the rest for shank.

also got 2 itunes cars and bought the scott pilgrim soutrack and bought some apps for my ipod.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am

InsaneGamer wrote:

traded some games because eb games was giving 50% more to trade ins to preorders which is awesome so i paid of mafia 2 and my other preorder rugby league live.

Also ordered some dvds and some books. started getting into some batman graphic novels. ill show all the stuff once i get it.

also got 2 itunes cars and bought the scott pilgrim soutrack and bought some apps for my ipod.

Nice buys dude!

Do you have "Batman: The Long Halloween"? graphic novel? I was thinking of selling my copy on ebay... but I'd deff consider selling it to you for dirt cheap if you were interested.

I bought this a little while back, but it just came today:

A complete box set of the Animated series of batman Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 am

Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

Nice buys dude!

Do you have "Batman: The Long Halloween"? graphic novel? I was thinking of selling my copy on ebay... but I'd deff consider selling it to you for dirt cheap if you were interested.

I bought this a little while back, but it just came today:

A complete box set of the Animated series of batman Very Happy

i dont have it and am very interested taking it off your hands if you are getting rid of it.

glad you got your batman collection, one day i will get that.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:

i dont have it and am very interested taking it off your hands if you are getting rid of it.

glad you got your batman collection, one day i will get that.

Sent ya a message with the details.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 pm

got mafia 2 collectors edition on the PS3 today will do a photo tomorrow.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
got mafia 2 collectors edition on the PS3 today will do a photo tomorrow.

Me too Smile Or rather... mines en route from amazon Razz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pickups   

Back to top Go down

Latest Pickups
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next