Leading Ladies. Kicking Butt. 24/7
 
Back to MainHomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroupsCalendar

Share | 
 

 Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hush404
Admin
avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:53 am

So... we just got word, recently, that Irrational Games has been hard at work at a new installment for the Bioshock series that aims to take the game into a whole new playing field. I'm talking, of course, about Columbia, the City in the sky where your main character is tasked with saving a girl who's been trapped in a tower for 15 years in this "paradise" of 1912.

Do you think bioshock can still hold it's feel and integrity as a series even without the setting of the under-sea abyss of Rapture? Are you excited to see the game take on new territory? I want to hear your thoughts.

----

I personally love the feel and ambiance of Rapture from the first two games but I'm also thrilled that a new setting is being prepped for us to experience. I can only hope that the feeling is just as flooring as the first bioshock with it's deep attention to making a place thrive with life (or lack there of) and make you feel like you're in that world.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pinksquadron.com
InsaneGamer

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:25 am

im glad that its in a new area i was getting sick of the water im very interested seeing bioshock in the sky. plus the teaser makes it look cool i am very interested in it and what they bring to the sky bioshock.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seankulbeth

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : Misawa, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:58 am

I'm still not sold on the idea, if just because I'm not a fan of falling deaths. It'll be interesting to see how they work that when your on the outside, because it'll be lame if there's an invisible wall, and just as bad if your not watching where your going and fall off. Hopefully the scene from the trailer is just a teaser, and not something from the game, because I'm hard-pressed to believe he could survive that fall onto the blimp. Slightly unrealistic, but then I guess a city in the sky is too. The gameplay with a partner makes me absolutely despise the female lead, and I really hope they raise the bar on the story to make up for it. I'm not a fan of AI co-op, sorry, but nobody's done it right yet. Hopefully it has some tie in with Rapture, I'm glad for the change of pace, and aware of the earlier time frame, but I'm not ready to let go of Andrew Ryan's creation yet. Time will tell, but regardless I'm getting the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin
avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
I'm still not sold on the idea, if just because I'm not a fan of falling deaths. It'll be interesting to see how they work that when your on the outside, because it'll be lame if there's an invisible wall, and just as bad if your not watching where your going and fall off. Hopefully the scene from the trailer is just a teaser, and not something from the game, because I'm hard-pressed to believe he could survive that fall onto the blimp. Slightly unrealistic, but then I guess a city in the sky is too. The gameplay with a partner makes me absolutely despise the female lead, and I really hope they raise the bar on the story to make up for it. I'm not a fan of AI co-op, sorry, but nobody's done it right yet. Hopefully it has some tie in with Rapture, I'm glad for the change of pace, and aware of the earlier time frame, but I'm not ready to let go of Andrew Ryan's creation yet. Time will tell, but regardless I'm getting the game.

Yeah, I think I feel the same. Hard to say what they're going to do with outdoor air levels... maybe your character gets a weak jetpack to avoid random deaths? I perceived Elizabeth as being more like a "little sister" or rather "big sister" who's out to aid you in any way she can... rather than a full on co-op A.I that you rely on... she is the person you're trying to save after all. I'm sold on it too, regardless of what they choose to do Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pinksquadron.com
seankulbeth

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : Misawa, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 am

I don't know, the preview Ign did on it said she's not able to kill anyone, but she offers real assistance in doing so, so she's probably right in the middle of what little sisters could do, and what the big sister did, something like support, maybe healing you, pulling guns away from enemies, stunning them, ect. But even if she can't kill anyone directly, that still sounds like co-op to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin
avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
I don't know, the preview Ign did on it said she's not able to kill anyone, but she offers real assistance in doing so, so she's probably right in the middle of what little sisters could do, and what the big sister did, something like support, maybe healing you, pulling guns away from enemies, stunning them, ect. But even if she can't kill anyone directly, that still sounds like co-op to me.

Okay. But when I think co-op in the way where it doesn't work is a character who constantly gets in your line of sight, who is extremely susceptible to being killed and the like. It seems like she'll be more of a helping hand than a pain.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pinksquadron.com
seankulbeth

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : Misawa, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:06 am

It'll be a relief if they get it right. I see an easy solution to her being killed. Make her invincible, kind of like the other characters you fight alongside in Call of Duty, no what I mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin
avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 am

seankulbeth wrote:
It'll be a relief if they get it right. I see an easy solution to her being killed. Make her invincible, kind of like the other characters you fight alongside in Call of Duty, no what I mean?

Yep. They sacrifice realism for the story where they need the characters alive.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pinksquadron.com
seankulbeth

avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 28
Location : Misawa, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 am

Alright, I'll take that. It would be a lot easier to pull off in this game without sacrificing realism though. Obviously, they want to keep her there, so they probably aren't going to go around killing her. Could set it up that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?   

Back to top Go down
 
Bioshock is leaving Rapture: Yay or Nay?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Why Burger King is Leaving Military Bases
» Tip or Wake, that's The question
» Exactly how does "Leave a Tip" work?
» Go to Game NOW - $5 NECA BioShock 2 figures!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pink Squadron :: Related Stuff :: Gaming-
Jump to: