Back to MainHomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroupsCalendar

Share | 

Game Remakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
InsaneGamer

PostSubject: Game Remakes   Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:40 am

Do you like them ?

with oddworld strangers wrath getting a remake on the PSN with move support is awesome since it was never on the PS2 i dont know if this coming to the 360 but what other games would you liked to get remade in this style or like god of war style ?

i would like to see final fantasy 10 get a remake because that was the last final fantasy game i really loved. dark cloud series would be good.

i love game remakes because they can make them better and if the games a hard to find then it makes it easier to find.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game Remakes   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:05 pm

I like remakes when they're done right. Done right means they keep the integrity of the original and at the same time update the visuals, controls (at least options for new controls) and audio if necessary without (again) messing with what made the original great.

For instance, Perfect Dark on the 360... perfect conversion. They updated the visuals in resolution and textures... but left most of the graphical build to it's origins. They also gave you options for the controls, to best suit new or original tastes, kept the tight feel while also allowing for optimization to improve framerates and any issues found in the original programming. Throw in multiplayer, leaderboards, achievements and the such and bam, you've modernized a classic with a new paint job without ruining what it was.

The god of war method is alright... I think in it's case not a lot of work was needed to amp up the PS2 game into a "remake" because the game was fluid, beautiful and controlled with literally the same controller layout as the PS3. Adding trophies was a nice touch and keeping things at 60frames at nice touch... but really, it's a sad example of love put into a project. You can tell it was a cash in.

That said I liked the idea and I'm pumped to get my hands on teh Sly collection they're setting up for us later.

I think, if anything, Final Fantasy X will get the GoW treatment... as teh game still looks good, preforms just right and really would take A LOT of work if you were to amp it up to a complete remake in modern standards. If they were to say GoW it or even a Perfect Dark it... then it would be considerably less work... but I feel wouldn't be what we'd be looking for in a remake.

PostSubject: Re: Game Remakes   Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:37 am

sly cooper collection is something i am excited about.

PostSubject: Re: Game Remakes   

Back to top Go down

Game Remakes
Page 1 of 1