Share | 

What Are You Playing ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
InsaneGamer

PostSubject: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:53 am

What Have You Been Playing ?

i have been playing and finished Uncharted 2 just a great game loved the ending i can't wait for the next game now.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Been doing a lot of playing of games via steam lately. I recently got Mass Effect and Metro 2033 downloaded and started and I've been really into L4D too.

I also got my copy of StarCraft 2 for the PC. Also picked up Prototype for mega cheaps at futureshop, which I just started.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am

Been getting back into Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time. this really has one awesome story i have to say.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Been getting back into Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time. this really has one awesome story i have to say.

Ahh, sweet, I saw some trophy stats from ya on that game Smile I love me some RnC. I hear the time manipulation part is a really kewl part of the title.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 am

Also be going pack to Deathspank since i downloaded it. its a fun game but im not totally in love with it.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:43 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Also be going pack to Deathspank since i downloaded it. its a fun game but im not totally in love with it.

I rather enjoyed the demo and bought the game... but have been busy with other titles since.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 am

R&C crack in time is getting good, finding about ratchets past is very interesting . also playing scott pilgrim which is awesome and is for all scott pilgrim fans.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 am

Got a few too many games to wrap my head around completely:

Monster Hunter Tri: Probably the game I most like, and most want to finish, but the new tv I just bought (52" woot!) doesn't have YWR connection, so I need to order the composite cable of amazon, and who knows how long it'll take to get here. Recommend to anyone.

Red Dead Redemption: Got stuck a couple of days ago, but a really good title, just not fond of nighttime in any game, as it makes seeing a pain.

Final Fantasy 9: Been playing this all weekend, just picked it up on PSN, and I love the story, characters, and gameplay. Not to fond of the random battles, but after XII, I never will be again.

Modnation Racers: Pretty interesting, just a tad too difficult and has a few loading problems right now. I'll pick it up again after they patch it.

Infamous: Gotta get that bad story complete, just so I can completely finish 1 game I've played.

Modern Warfare 2: Never can seem to put this one down.

Alan Wake: Didn't stop playing it till I beat it, trying to make it through the boring DLC, and then gonna go back on nightmare mode. Hard to prioritize it before all this other gaming goodness though.

Too many games for one period of time but at least I'm never bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
Too many games for one period of time but at least I'm never bored.

I know how you feel, I just never seem to run out of titles I need to finish.

I've played MH on the PSP but don't feel I'm ready for more.
Red Dead, A+ it's great... still yet to beat it Razz
Never played FFIX myself. Maybe one day.
I loved inFAMOUS.
I went through MW2's single player and touched it's MP... it's not my thing.
Alan Wake is one I need to nab someday.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:15 am

I seem to have the most fun with open world games, but I never seem to complete one. Don't know why, but maybe that's why they appeal to me, because I don't need to invest too heavily.

Never played MH on any other platform so I can't really coax you in any way here, but I will say if you don't have a classic controller for the Wii, you won't enjoy it near as much if and when you get around to it. Also if you don't enjoy grinding, stay away.

I wouldn't quite say I'm in love with Infamous, it definitely has faults, quite a few of them, but it was an interesting game and I can't wait for the second one.

Any games to recommend for when I get done with this string (Besides ratchet and clank, I don't feel like replaying the older ones to get back into the story)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 am

seankulbeth wrote:
I seem to have the most fun with open world games, but I never seem to complete one. Don't know why, but maybe that's why they appeal to me, because I don't need to invest too heavily.

Never played MH on any other platform so I can't really coax you in any way here, but I will say if you don't have a classic controller for the Wii, you won't enjoy it near as much if and when you get around to it. Also if you don't enjoy grinding, stay away.

I wouldn't quite say I'm in love with Infamous, it definitely has faults, quite a few of them, but it was an interesting game and I can't wait for the second one.

Any games to recommend for when I get done with this string (Besides ratchet and clank, I don't feel like replaying the older ones to get back into the story)?

Yeah I've heard that about the game. Honestly if I could... I would use the classic controller for every damn Wii game... I'm not a big fan of the crappy controls that devs think we need. IMO very few Wii games use the Wiimote/chuck well enough where you're not wishing you had some analogue sticks and buttons instead.

Yeah, infamous deff has it's faults, but as an experience I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I've loved other games MUCH more, but infamous is still gold to me.

I'm having fun with Prototype atm, if cheap I'd suggest a buy. It's like infamous only... you don't worry about hurting people or really any story structure. Just flat out open world "tear the place up" shenanigans.

I'm also currently awaiting Mafia 2 which, after the demo I'm really excited for. The first Mafia game was so strong with story and characters Smile

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

I just went and watched the "trailer" for Mafia 2, and I'm really glad you brought it up. Like I said, open world games are my favorite, and it looks like they stuffed a lot of stuff into this one. Just the fact that you can chip away cover and destroy things besides vehicles (ahem, not GTA4) has me excited.

I've played and nearly beaten Prototype before, but the lack of destructibility, the lack of story, and the way they drop important story threads at the drop of a hat (how far are you in the game, I'm wondering if you've came to the part that really pissed me off) really made it hard for me to play. It was good for about 8 hours, and then it got boring. Which is sad, because it really showed promise with the venom-like transformations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
I just went and watched the "trailer" for Mafia 2, and I'm really glad you brought it up. Like I said, open world games are my favorite, and it looks like they stuffed a lot of stuff into this one. Just the fact that you can chip away cover and destroy things besides vehicles (ahem, not GTA4) has me excited.

I've played and nearly beaten Prototype before, but the lack of destructibility, the lack of story, and the way they drop important story threads at the drop of a hat (how far are you in the game, I'm wondering if you've came to the part that really pissed me off) really made it hard for me to play. It was good for about 8 hours, and then it got boring. Which is sad, because it really showed promise with the venom-like transformations.

Yeah Mafia 2 looks to really offer an evolved experience Smile It's damn hard to get away from the cops tho :S At least in the demo, they're determined as hell to put bullets in you if you even just hit someone with a car Razz

AHh, perhaps I haven't gotten to that point... as Prototype is still fun for me. I killed a "point of interest" or w/e they're called the other day... but accident... hope it doesn't effect game play too bad... as the game strictly told me after wards "DON'T KILL THEM!!!" :S

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 am

the demo was really good, cant wait for the game.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 am

That's pretty lame about the law-breaking, and can I ask where everyone is getting this amazing demo?

And Hush, actually, they just respawn after a certain time. No loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 am

seankulbeth wrote:
That's pretty lame about the law-breaking, and can I ask where everyone is getting this amazing demo?

And Hush, actually, they just respawn after a certain time. No loss.

Ahh, that's good.

The demo went up on PSN/XBL and Steam not too long ago. At least in NA/EUR territories, dunno about JAP... they seem to have their own schedule.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:04 am

Well I don't know the deal with our stuff up here. I can't get like Netflix on demand, The Guild, or Hula, but I run off of America as far as release dates go for everything. So basically if it's legal to stream to an IP address, I get it at the same time. I'll go take a look around for the demo, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
Well I don't know the deal with our stuff up here. I can't get like Netflix on demand, The Guild, or Hula, but I run off of America as far as release dates go for everything. So basically if it's legal to stream to an IP address, I get it at the same time. I'll go take a look around for the demo, thanks.

Ahh kk. Yeah all of that stuff you mentioned gets blocked as close as here in Canada too. I don't think it's "illegal" to grab the demo from a diff region. I've got a european account on my PS3 for downloading exclusive stuff from that region Razz I tried to make a Japanese one... but it's in Japanese... which I don't read too well Razz

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Red Dead Redemption
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty
Starcraft I
Starcraft Broad War
Metroid Prime; Corruption
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://http;//Silverthehedgehog78.deviantart.com
InsaneGamer

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:38 am

im playing the dead rising 2: case zero thing its fun.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:38 am

Im playing through the first dead rising before i play through that, I didn't want to ruin it afterwards.

Also picked up Madden, and playing through the new download for Bioshock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:20 am

Sarah Kerrigan wrote:
Red Dead Redemption
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty
Starcraft I
Starcraft Broad War
Metroid Prime; Corruption

Ahh, you're playing through the old starcraft too eh? I thought it'd be worth it to refresh the story so SC2 would mean more to me Very Happy

seankulbeth wrote:
Im playing through the first dead rising before i play through that, I didn't want to ruin it afterwards.

Also picked up Madden, and playing through the new download for Bioshock.

I hear the new DLC for bioshock is good?

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:14 pm

dead rising 2 case zero wont ruin it for you.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 am

The story for the new dlc is a lot better than the story for 2, but they only introduce 1 plasmid and 1 gun that really dont change the way you play. It was fun for me because I haven't played Bioshock in a while, and it took me about 7 hours to complete. And games with a game inside of them that gives an achievement reallly get on my nerves.

I tried to buy case zero today insanegamer, and they said it wasn't available in my area. I was pretty pissed off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:52 pm

seankulbeth wrote:
The story for the new dlc is a lot better than the story for 2, but they only introduce 1 plasmid and 1 gun that really dont change the way you play. It was fun for me because I haven't played Bioshock in a while, and it took me about 7 hours to complete. And games with a game inside of them that gives an achievement reallly get on my nerves.

I tried to buy case zero today insanegamer, and they said it wasn't available in my area. I was pretty pissed off.

Wait, you're talking the DLC for bioshock 1?

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing ?   

Back to top Go down

What Are You Playing ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pink Squadron :: Related Stuff :: Gaming-
Jump to: