Share | 

What are you watching?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 am

Akin to What are you listening to; what are you watching details the movies and tv series that you're currently viewing.

I watched an anime movie the other day titled "Vexille"

Which revolved around a future where Japan has sealed itself off from the rest of the world to work on robotic and android technology that the UN and it's members deem wrong to develop. In doing so Japan has become a world leader in the area of technology and robotics, providing the world with it's goods, but keeping a very tight lip on any and all of their operations. As part of a US based defense team, SWORD, Vexille Serra and her team are sent on a mission to discover exactly what the Japanese are up to and whether or not they've developed technology for androids to merge into society without detection.

It's was surprising a great film and one I just happened to stumble upon. Done by the same team behind the very similar AppleSeed: Ex Machina, the style of the art is both unique and crisp clear. It's all 3D cgi... but it's done in a way to emulate the style of an anime with it's color pallet and sharp lines. Very kewl movie with lots of great action.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:01 am

I CAN'T belive i watched this film twice i found it really interesting.

it's about Treasure Town, life can be both gentle and brutal. This is never truer than for our heroes, Black and White, two street urchins who watch over the city, doing battle with an array of old-world Yakuza and alien assassins vying to rule the decaying metropolis.

i really liked this anime movie i have been started to watch more anime movies these days and this one is another great one.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I've never heard of that title! I'll have to check it out tho! It looks like a crazy unique project.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:59 am

Last night I had the pleasure of watching "The Time Traveler's Wife", a story about a guy who, at the age of 6, learns that he has the ability to travel through time. Thing is, he can't really control when he does or when he comes back or even where he goes, so he'll be living out his life as he usually does and just all of a sudden disappear, leaving his clothes behind. Somewhere in the past or future, he shows up naked and a lot of the time confused and merely trying to go back to his own time. Long story short he meets a girl, explains his whole situation to her as a young girl and marries her in the future. Lots of stuff happens before and after that, but if I say much more I'll be spoiling it.

Suffice to say, it's a superb movie. I highly recommend it.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:42 am

Hush404 wrote:
Last night I had the pleasure of watching "The Time Traveler's Wife", a story about a guy who, at the age of 6, learns that he has the ability to travel through time. Thing is, he can't really control when he does or when he comes back or even where he goes, so he'll be living out his life as he usually does and just all of a sudden disappear, leaving his clothes behind. Somewhere in the past or future, he shows up naked and a lot of the time confused and merely trying to go back to his own time. Long story short he meets a girl, explains his whole situation to her as a young girl and marries her in the future. Lots of stuff happens before and after that, but if I say much more I'll be spoiling it.

Suffice to say, it's a superb movie. I highly recommend it.

got it on my list to see glad to hear its a good movie.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 am

A Studio Ghibli movie and a good one the more i watch there movies i see how good they they are like pixar but this movie was really great and if your a cat person you will like it. its about a girl who saves a cat and finds out cats talk and have there own place. it is very interesting and funny at times to. animation is good to i really like how they do the cats. must watch for studio ghibli fans.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:45 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:

A Studio Ghibli movie and a good one the more i watch there movies i see how good they they are like pixar but this movie was really great and if your a cat person you will like it. its about a girl who saves a cat and finds out cats talk and have there own place. it is very interesting and funny at times to. animation is good to i really like how they do the cats. must watch for studio ghibli fans.

lol the screenshot looks funny Razz I'm quite a fan of Ghibli.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:32 am

this was just an amazing movie i loved it, everything about it was amazing, this is really a video game movie brought to life. refences to video games and just some really cool things in this movie make it amazing. its funny and the actors work for the roles i loved the books and the movie is just perfect.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am

Saw this big action movie, this is a mans movie. the thing about this movie is your not going in for the story but you are going in for the action and stars seeing them kill people and that is awesome. just to see all these stars on screen and killing people it was just fun a movie. - 8/10

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:04 pm

lol what a random cast Razz I've literally just heard about this movie Razz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:39 am

this remake is alright its different from the original and i thought it was a just a good movie. people just went crazy in town and they really go crazy and start killing, not a fan of the ending but has a good cast which i liked. one of the better horror movies i have seen this year.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:44 am

InsaneGamer wrote:

this remake is alright its different from the original and i thought it was a just a good movie. people just went crazy in town and they really go crazy and start killing, not a fan of the ending but has a good cast which i liked. one of the better horror movies i have seen this year.

Olyphant's in it isn't he? I wanted to see it just cuz he's in it Razz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 am

Yes he is and one of the reasons why this movie is good.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am

i saw scott pilgrim again i just love this movie. got the game, got the books and got the soundtrack.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am

lol, someone's obsessed Razz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 am

Can't wait till the movie pops up over here in this country. Maybe you guys could stop rubbing it in my face until I see it? Lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 am

seankulbeth wrote:
Can't wait till the movie pops up over here in this country. Maybe you guys could stop rubbing it in my face until I see it? Lol.

Lol, I've done no rubbing, I havn't even seen it Razz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 am

Hush404 wrote:
lol, someone's obsessed Razz

maybe but i just love the film.

everyone needs to see this film, even if you dont like it, it is different.. ill probally go a few more times before its gone from the theater.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:50 pm

this movie is about Jerry and Rachel are two strangers thrown together by a mysterious phone call from a woman they have never met. Threatening their lives and family, she pushes Jerry and Rachel into a series of increasingly dangerous situations, using the technology of everyday life to track and control their every move.

This movie is good, a very interesting story about the tech we use in todays world coming back to bite us in the ass. one mega computer taking over and trying the kill president and everyone in the white house but using normal people like you or me do it. it is a very interesting ride to see what they do to keep there lives or save the lives of loved ones. this has a good cast which i really like. the ending is a hollywood ending and i didnt care for it, but i really liked the movie with this computer taking charge and stopping people from stopping it. Shia was good as the lead better then the guy he plays in transformers. check this one out.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:38 am

A Movie about a creepy hitman story when he takes in a girl after her family is murdered and wants revenge and its epic. a great cast from a young portman who is amazing. the relationship between the girl and and the hitman is very creepy and you are not sure to laugh or go "Don't do that" and a epic ending and the bad guy is awesome. just an amazing film.

A movie about soliders who survive an attack and have to get home before these people kill them. such a great survival movie, from a great cast and i love these roman/ hitory movies and this one is up there its awesome and this is from the director of dog soliders and doomsday. a very bloody movie which suited this movie i really thought this movie was amazing.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 am

just a fun movie, it was just a fun movie it was funny but it looked so great something pixar would do and some really characters but great voice actors. from Mr. T tp bruce campbell they are just great. it also has coll story and was just a fun movie about making it rain any food you want its a really cool idea. i really liked this movie.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 am

Bruce campbell is in Cwacomb?

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 pm

yes he is, and is great like always

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 pm

At the moment, Mythbusters.

But now, Gurren Lagann, South Park...ect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://http;//Silverthehedgehog78.deviantart.com
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 am

Sarah Kerrigan wrote:
At the moment, Mythbusters.

But now, Gurren Lagann, South Park...ect

****in Eh! Very Happy Mythbusters is prob one of my fav shows. Gurren Lagann is pretty tight too.. tho I didnt finish that series.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pink Squadron :: The Lounge :: Media Couch-
Jump to: