What are you watching?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Hush404
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:

i liked the backstory to darthvader even the scene where he killed the little kids in EP 3. but i really liked darth maul he would be my favorite villian in star wars after darth vader.

i want to see 127 hours was going to go the other day but life got in the way. i can understand you not liking Animal Kingdom but a bit of me died inside Very Happy but i still love the film.

Yeah, totally. When he killed the "younglings" I was "Oh snap!" Razz

Curious, what about the film (Animal Kingdom) makes you love it so?

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

i liked the backstory to darthvader even the scene where he killed the little kids in EP 3. but i really liked darth maul he would be my favorite villian in star wars after darth vader.

i want to see 127 hours was going to go the other day but life got in the way. i can understand you not liking Animal Kingdom but a bit of me died inside Very Happy but i still love the film.

Why I love Animal Kingdom that is a big question ?

I love it because it is an Australian Crime drama and shows it as a Australian drama and these feel like Australian characters but one character is a real Psychopath and is a Full of Australian cast. it feels like an Australia story done by Australian and the mother character was just amazing and you can tell she is based on some real life person and she is the head of the family and can tell she loves her boys. just with all these character and this great Australian story and being an Australian movie to me it is just amazing.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:09 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

I love it because it is an Australian Crime drama and shows it as a Australian drama and these feel like Australian characters but one character is a real Psychopath and is a Full of Australian cast. it feels like an Australia story done by Australian and the mother character was just amazing and you can tell she is based on some real life person and she is the head of the family and can tell she loves her boys. just with all these character and this great Australian story and being an Australian movie to me it is just amazing.

Ahhh, so it's a culture and nationalism (or patriotism) thing that really sets the film over the top for you, eh? I actually assumed that. The way both you and "themovi3nut" were going on about it had me assuming as such. I'm not hating on that, not at all. I just think that because I am an outsider to that culture that it doesn't mean as much to me as instantly as it did to you guys. If there was a local film made here with such finesse, I'm sure I'd be proud of it as well, prob more so than you would watching the same movie.

So, thanks for clearing that up. Smile

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 am

Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:
Hush404 wrote:
InsaneGamer wrote:

Ahhh, so it's a culture and nationalism (or patriotism) thing that really sets the film over the top for you, eh? I actually assumed that. The way both you and "themovi3nut" were going on about it had me assuming as such. I'm not hating on that, not at all. I just think that because I am an outsider to that culture that it doesn't mean as much to me as instantly as it did to you guys. If there was a local film made here with such finesse, I'm sure I'd be proud of it as well, prob more so than you would watching the same movie.

So, thanks for clearing that up. Smile

It is a film i just love because its Australian but because it is also just great and every aspect of the movie is great.

So i watched the hurt locker and it was a film i really liked, i loved the character played renner who was wild character and is awesome a lot of explosions and one of the best Iraq war films i have seen.

I love animated movie and this one was i meaning to see for a while and it tell a great story with this black and white animation and its amazing movie to watch how it deals with war and deathis just awesome with this girl growing up in Iran with all this. Just awesome and worth seeing it.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:26 am

The hurt locker is a fun film Smile I rather liked it as well. That other one (im not even going to try and spell it Razz) I've seen teh cover for... but have no idea (other than what you've described) what it's about.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:20 pm

A great documentary about the war in the middle east but its right in the soliders face and you don't miss anything and to see hthe soliders how they deal with going to the toughest place to fight is amazing and seeing soliders and there friends dying and seeing them breakdown is hard to watch but just amazing doco and done right.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am

funny movie and really dark in subject and robin williams is just awesome in this movie and is really funny. Great movie and one i would watch again and good to see the kid out of spy kids grown up saw him in machete first but good to see him get some roles.

a film about the soliders that tell familes someone has died and has 2 of my favorite actors and they are just amazing and are just great. there are some awesome scenes and what these soliders have to see and go through for just telling these deaths are just amazing they get slapped and abused its amazing a film that would go into my favorite films of all time.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I love Robin Williams Smile An uber-great guy. That said, i haven't even heard of that movie! Razz

Watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium last night and the night before Smile Then decided I needed to own it on DVD Razz So I got a copy coming from Amazon. It's such a whimsical and kid-like film of wonder that just makes me smile. Also, I think i'm becoming a fan of Natalie Portman.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Hush404 wrote:
I love Robin Williams Smile An uber-great guy. That said, i haven't even heard of that movie! Razz

Watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium last night and the night before Smile Then decided I needed to own it on DVD Razz So I got a copy coming from Amazon. It's such a whimsical and kid-like film of wonder that just makes me smile. Also, I think i'm becoming a fan of Natalie Portman.

have you seen black swan ? she is great in that

i think ever since i saw her in star wars i have liked her. she is in the upcoming movie Thor.

she is awesome in Leon and thats when she was a child.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 am

InsaneGamer wrote:
Hush404 wrote:

have you seen black swan ? she is great in that

i think ever since i saw her in star wars i have liked her. she is in the upcoming movie Thor.

she is awesome in Leon and thats when she was a child.

I did watch black swan, she's pretty good in that yeah. The movie was a little strange tho Razz

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 am

Watched Mr.Beans holiday last night Smile Mr. Bean rawks.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 am

Easy A was a fun movie, very funny and just awesome and had some great moments and felt like an oldschool highschool film. loved the parents in this film very funny and just some very funny characters.

127 hours was awesome got to say who would have thought a movie being stuck in cave would have been a interesting movie, the arm cutting scene was gory but i loved the ending where he seeing people for the first time and telling them what he has done just a great movie.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Watched a Norwegian film titled "Dod Sno" or "Dead Snow". It's a rather basic horror flick that follows a group of young people to a cabin who end up having to deal with Nazi Zombies Very Happy

Enjoyable, made me smirk and was decently done. Quite the Evil Dead vibe (tho, no where near as funny).

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Hush404 wrote:
Watched a Norwegian film titled "Dod Sno" or "Dead Snow". It's a rather basic horror flick that follows a group of young people to a cabin who end up having to deal with Nazi Zombies Very Happy

Enjoyable, made me smirk and was decently done. Quite the Evil Dead vibe (tho, no where near as funny).

saw dead snow a few months back and wasnt really into it but did like bits of it.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:43 am

this was a great aussie horror movie very gory but felt like wolf creek meets the texas chainsaw massacre. with a really messed up family and just torturing this teenager but is just insane the girl is a psycho.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:15 am

clash of the titans was alright and glad i didnt see it in 3d but i still think god of war 3 does the story and theme better.

it was funny and crazy but how can you think this was real because it isnt but still is funny but after seeing it i don't care about it or will remember it anytime in the future.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 am

went to see Battle: Los Angeles today and after hearing all the bad reviews i really wanted to see since i saw that first awesome trailer, it feels like a modern resistance movie and it really is good and has a bit of black hawk down i there and Two face is in there and is awesome and is really great.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:23 pm

It got bad reviews? WTF? It looks kewl to me Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 am

Hush404 wrote:

a lot of critics hated it but i just found it s fun.

Also i checked out Tron Legeacy and it was a fun movie and really looked really good, acting was not the best but some cool fight scenes, very enjoyable.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:32 pm

InsaneGamer wrote:
Hush404 wrote:

a lot of critics hated it but i just found it s fun.

Also i checked out Tron Legeacy and it was a fun movie and really looked really good, acting was not the best but some cool fight scenes, very enjoyable.

lol, critics. *rolls eyes. Critics constantly call down some of my fav movies and boast movies that I think are garbage.

TRON!!!! WOO! That reminds me! I still didnt start that tron game I got for xmas.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Watched Donnie Darko on blu-ray last night Smile I love Donnie Darko Smile

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pink Squadron :: The Lounge :: Media Couch-
Jump to: